Staying safe online
At Plantation Homes, we take your security very seriously, and would like to offer some guidance for staying safe online.
Recently online, across all industries, there have been scam emails claiming to be from the Accounts department of companies, advising of a change in bank details and seeking payment to a new account. These scam emails and the invoices are designed to look similar to those issued by the company, but on closer inspection, you will see that they originate from a different email address.
By accessing your personal email account they can include lots of information about you in their scam invoices which will make them seem legitimate.
We therefore strongly recommend that you follow these steps to safeguard your financial interests when dealing specifically with Plantation Homes:
- When was the last time you changed your email password? Changing your password at regular intervals helps to ensure that your email account stays secured and there is no unauthorised access.
- When you receive a progress payment invoice from Plantation Homes, please check that it is from a plantationhomes.com.au email address.
- After receiving your initial invoice, if you receive a second email (even if it’s from a plantationhomes.com.au address) be extremely cautious and please contact your Customer Service Administrator by phone to verify the legitimacy of the second email.
- Before paying any invoice, always check that the payment details are the same as those provided to you in hard copy when you signed your contract.
- Please note we have absolutely no intention of changing our bank details and will never advise a change of bank details via email.
- Finally, if you have any concerns whatsoever regarding your invoice, please call your Customer Service Administrator who will assist you further.
Further to the above steps, you can get more information and resources to help you stay safe online from the government website https://staysafeonline.org. There are many different scams that are happening, not all are online. This site will help you recognise and avoid scams https://www.scamwatch.gov.au.
The Plantation Homes team