At Plantation Homes, we aspire to build the most beautiful Queensland homes for our customers to live in and enjoy every day - and for every construction step that achieves that outcome, we are equally committed to delivering a zero danger workplace.
The philosophy to proactively assess, consider, monitor and deliver a zero danger workplace stems from the founding passion of our Directors, who have repeatedly stated that the business will ensure that everyone has what they need, so that they can work safely.
This reaches from equipment onsite, to design and safety briefings, regular audits and safety inspections, prioritising and optimising the safety of all our trades and suppliers onsite.
This approach ensures that every day, we are not only building beautiful homes, but homes that provide a safe and practical place to work for our building trades and suppliers.
It includes an extensive, and above-industry standard, Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Policy, which covers the following:
- We vigorously identify, eliminate and reduce risks in every available way
- We strictly adhere to all legal obligations, responsibilities, Acts, Regulations and Codes, as well as Standards and Safety Guides, with a dedicated Field Officer and Coordinator
- We set annual OH&S targets and goals, with six monthly reviews
- We deliver comprehensive safety and site inductions and training
- We actively educate, communicate and inform staff, contractors, suppliers and stakeholders on relevant OH&S guidelines, issues and hazards
- We focus on continual improvement
Here are a few differences that make a Plantation Homes Safe Site
- Void platform and edge protection, installed prior to commencing top level walls and floors, which reduces the risk of falls by providing greater perimeter protection. This means they can safely, and comfortably, work all the way to the edge
- A “two plank” system in place prior to the trusses being installed. This eliminates risk of falls from height and helps our trades complete their task with ease
- Safety inspections carried out by Supervisors twice weekly and by head office bi-monthly
- Yearly audits of our onsite OH&S results to ensure constant improvement and best practice outcomes.
While we know building beautiful homes inside and out, industry safety experts, Buildsafe, are our guiding advisor when it comes to trade and supplier safety. Through our partnership with Buildsafe, we ensure all onsite trades and suppliers are not only familiar with our designs and building requirements, but implement best practice approaches when constructing a Plantation home.
It means any trade or supplier who visits one of our construction sites can be confident that not only are they working in the safest possible environment, but they are also surrounded by equally aware peers – together helping to achieve a zero danger worksite.
We are also proudly part of a network that has achieved the ASN4801 Certification, the highest level of Workplace Health and Safety as outlined by the government. In 2018, we will also be applying for the brand new ISO45001 Certification, which is the highest international safety standard.
We are passionate about building Queensland’s most beautiful homes - as one of Australia’s safest construction companies.